Los Angeles People’s Movement Assembly is a gathering of people to make decisions for collective action and power. We have been meeting since October 2022.
The assembly collectively answers:
- What are the problems we face?
- What are the solutions?
- What are we going to do about it?
Our movements need collective action plans, governance, and infrastructure. We believe the following:
- Social movements are rising in Los Angeles and beyond
- We need autonomous, independent social movements with their own social and economic agendas
- Multiple strategies and a diversity of tactics are more effective
- Reforms are not enough, we need long-term vision and strategies for liberation
- Leadership and power must be held by people who live and experience injustice
To learn more, we recommend reading the People’s Movement Assembly Organizing Handbook produced by Project South, to which we are indebted to.
Los Angeles People’s Movement Assembly meeting on November 13, 2022 at Eastside Cafe in El Sereno, Los Angeles